All Kudos to Glenn R.
These scripts were tested on Ubuntu 16.04/18.04/18.10/19.04/19.10/20.04 and Debian 8/9/10/11. If you find any issues while using my scripts please let me know!
Information about the UniFi Controller Versions.
I recommend using server with atleast 2 GB of RAM.
1) Copy the link location of the script.
2) SSH into your Ubuntu/Debian machine, and login as root. ( Ubuntu | sudo -i | Debian | su )
2a) Make sure the ca-certificates package is installed.
apt-get update; apt-get install ca-certificates wget -y
3) Download the script by executing the following command. ( change it to your wanted version )
Install the latest and greatest UniFi Network Controller with 1 line. ( copy paste )
rm unifi-latest.sh &> /dev/null; wget https://get.glennr.nl/unifi/install/install_latest/unifi-latest.sh && bash unifi-latest.sh
4) Now run the script with the command below.
You can add
./unifi-5.12.22.shif you want it to skip the Script Removal and Repository questions.
5) Once the installation is completed browse to your controller.